Summary of this course:
Basic Life Support & Medical Emergencies training is carried out by one of DBGs qualified instructions within your own practice environment.
- In-house practice specific training.
- Practical CPR demonstrations and assessment of competency on adult and child resuscitation manikins.
- 'Hands on’ practical CPR session utilising basic resuscitation aids on both adult and child resuscitation manikins for all the team including an overview of defibrillation and its importance.
- Bespoke Emergency Protocol.
- ABCDE patient assessment.
- Management of medical emergencies within primary care.
- Review the British National Formulary guidance on drug administration for each of the listed medical emergencies.
- Advice and recommendation on your existing practice emergency response kit.
- DBG trainer audit and recommendations as per UK Resuscitation Council and British National Formulary Guidelines.
- Practice discussion to develop a bespoke emergency practice protocol/procedure.
- Recovery position and practical assessment.
- Practice team response, action taken and transfer of core and emergency services with a sample transfer patient form.